Qualification: M.A. (Social Work)
Designation: Assistant Professor – Social Work & Coordinator- Field Work
Years of experience: 12 years
Present professional status
- President, Nilgris - Wayanad Tribal Welfare Society, Ambalamola
- Advisory Board Member, Leadership Development Program, Caruna Bal vikas
- Director, Family Life Institute, MCC
- Director, Callaghan Integrated Rural Development studies, MCC
- Community Development – Tribal & Indigenous People
- Working with Groups
Field of research
- Social Work Education
- Tribal & Indigenous People
- Assessment of NGOs for World Bank Project for Self Help Groups in Tiruvarur. October 2005.
- Investigator for Healthy District Project, Vellore District in collaboration with University of South Australia and Christian Medical College.
- Project on School Mental Health in Tambaram, sponsored by The Mediant Well wishers, Netherlands.
- Initial Sensing Study for Tamil Nadu Health System Project, December 2007.
- “Centre for International Social Work- A model for Cross cultural Social Education” presented at the NORTH AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOLS OF SCOIAL WORK, Guyana.
- “Resiliency of Women Survivors of the Tsunami 2004 in South India” presented at the Council for Social Work Education conference.(2008) cswe.confex.com/cswe/2008/recordingredirect.cgi/id/904
- “Scope for International Social Work in Social Work Education” Presented at the National conference held at the department of Social Work, Bharathidasan University, Trichirapalli.(2009)
- Globalization of Social Work Education –Presented during the valedictory program One day regional level conference of Fatima College, Madurai.(2008)
- Scope, Relevance and working with groups in India – Presented during the National conference held at the Mysore University, Mysore. (2010)
- Mentoring Social work students in International Field Placements: Some excerpts and experiences – Poster presentation during the World Joint Social Work Conference, Honk Kong, June 2010.
I have been involved in several training programmes from 2002 – The following were the beneficiaries Students Partnership World Wide, Wold Vision, LDP-Compassion International, Police department, Project concern International, ADEPT, UCAL, Karl Kubel Institute for Development, Colleges, NSS units etc. Over the years I have trained more than 7000 people in the last 8 years.
I have also attended training on ISABS-ALHP, Mentoring, Emotional Intelligence, Appreciative Inquiry, Leadership, Gender Fair Education etc..
Highlight of professional work:
- Advanced Laboratory for Human Process (ALHP) in Indian Society for Applied Behavioural Science(ISABS)
- Trained in Emotional Competence, Appreciative Inquiry and Neuro- Linguistic Programming -AUI Consultants.
- Trained in Mentoring-Core Mind
- Trained in Institution Building and Future Search.
- Rural Camp Facilitation from 2000-2011.
- National and International Tour Coordinator from 2001-2011.
- Tour Facilitator - Visited Kathmandu, Nepal as part of the exposure visit on South Asian Realities from the department of Social Work, MCC (2002)
- Tour Facilitator -Visited Colombo, Jaffna, Srilanka as part of the exposure visit on South Asian Realities from the Department of Social Work, MCC (2003)
- Tour Facilitator -Visited Thimpu, Paro in Bhutan as part of the exposure visit on South Asian Realities from the Department of Social Work, MCC (2005)
- Tour Facilitator –Visited Dhaka, Bangladesh as part of the exposure visit on South Asian Realities from the Department of Social Work, MCC (2006)
- Tour Facilitator – Visited Singapore and Malaysia as part of the Field Trip for II MSW students of Social Work department, MCC ( 2008, 2009 )
- Tour Facilitator – Visited Thailand and Srilanka as part of the Field trip for II MSW students of social work department, MCC (2010)Tour Facilitator – Visited Malaysia and Srilanka –Post war situation (2011)
- Visited Batticola, Sri Lanka as a consultant for Desmio-an organisation working for Tsunami victims(2005)
- Visited KENYA & UGANDA as part of the assessment team for Little Drops Global outreach team, Chennai.(2008)
- Represented MCC for attending a Workshop on Gender Fair Education organised by UBCHEA in Mendis, Philippines
- Exchange Faculty to Chang Jung Christian University, Taiwan during April-June 2009 as part of the Centre for International Social Work, MCC
- Faculty Advisor for students from Netherlands, Canada, Australia for Field work and Rural camp. (2001 – 2005, 2009 )
- Represented India in the ‘WE CAN” campaign in the national assembly in SRILANKA organised by the OXFAM International.(Nov 2007)
- Academic Coordinator for Field School in INDIA for Bridge Water State College, Boston, USA, CJCU & Asia University, Taiwan (2007, 2009)
- Attended and presented paper in the World Joint Social Work Conference in Hong Kong , June 2010.
- Taught Brethren College Abroad, USA students on “International Social Work” July-October 2010.