Students have the choice to select their allied either computer science or chemistry in their second year. This is done so as to provide the students with a chance to study a course that catches their attention.
Special papers such as microprocessors and material science is offered for the final years. To meet the needs of the society we offer papers like biophysics, everyday physics, physics of appliances etc.
We recognize the fact that pictoral representaion is easily absorbed by students as compared to text book learning. In accordance with that, we have several tools and teaching aids that allow all students to learn effectively.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Over head projector
- Power point presentations
- Pictorial representation with LCD.
- Chalk and board
MODE OF EVALUATION OF THEORY AND PRACTICAL PAPERS
- Internal tests are evaluated by the course teachers.
- The first two internals are written test for 50 marks.
- The third internal test can be a written test or a written test plus assignment.
- The question paper for the external exams is set by an external expert.
- The papers are evaluated by the external examiners as well as the internal examiner and the average is taken to be the external marks.
These rigorous evaluation proceeds to keep track of the students knowledge of the subject and create an enthusiasm among the students on the subject of their choice.
DEPARTMENT ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
- Board of studies
- Educational tour
- Projects for final year students