M.Com., M.B.A., M.Phil., Ph.D
Dr. Shirmila joined the department as a faculty in the vocational stream. She moved to the Self financing stream and was re appointed in the day stream in 2008. She had been the Dean for women students for two terms. She has attended various national and state level seminars and presented papers. Now She is the Staff Advisor of the Commerce Forum. She had been teaching Business Maths and Statistics papers.
- ‘Green Marketing – The journey towards Sustainable growth’, published by Semmoodhai Pathipagam, Chennai, ISBN: 978-93-81006-00-9, pp.146-149: Jan 2011
- “Innovation in Customer Service and Sustainable Banking – Major Trends in the Banking Sector”, by Excel India Publishers, New Delhi, pp183-193, 2010.
- “Significance of CRM and Impact of Demographic Variables on Elements of CRM” published by Anuragam, Chennai, pp 682-688, 2010.
- “Customer Relationship Management – an Entrepreneur’s Tool for Quality Interaction”, published by Excel Books, New Delhi, pp243-249; 2009.
Honours/ Resource Person
Delivered a lecture on “Accountancy Concepts and Conventions”, St John’s International Residential School, Chennai, November 2010; was a resource person workshop/camp organized by the NSS Unit of MCC at FLI, Mappedu, and delivered lecture on “Sustainable Community Development, December 2010.
- Orientation Course in Business Studies (Commerce), held in the month of Aug-Sept 2010 conducted by Academic Staff College, University of Madras, Chennai.
- Workshop on “Data Analysis using SPSS” organized by World Class Business Education Programme, Madras Christian College during 20, 21 &22nd October, 2010.
- National Workshop on Curriculum Development on Peace Education, organized by the Institute of Advanced Christian Studies, December 2010.
- Southern Zone Conference on “Empowerment of Minority Girls through Education” organized by the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions, Govt. of India, at JBAS College for Women, February 2011.
- Workshop on the application of Statistical Tools and Techniques for Research on 17th and 18th December 2009,organized by the University of Madras .
- Workshop on “Recent Developments in Corporate Law”, organized by the DB Jain college along with the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) on 26th February 2010.
- WORKSHOP ON ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS organized by the Environmental Studies Programme, Madras Christian College, July 2008.
- “Customer Relationship Management – an Entrepreneur’s Tool for Quality Interaction”, National Conference on Role and Challenges of Entrepreneurship Development, organized at M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Banglore, May 2010.
- “Innovation in Customer Service and Sustainable Banking – Major Trends in the Banking Sector”, National Conference on Trends and Progress in the Financial Sector, MCC, September 2010 and;
- “Green Marketing – a Journey towards Sustainability”, National Conference organized by the Department of Business Admn, MCC, January 2011.
- "Significance of customer relationship management and impact of demographic variables on elements of CRM” in an international conference organized by Sri Sai Ram College of Management studies during 25th and 26th Sep.2009.