M.Com., MFM. M.B.A. Ph.D
Dr Charles Suresh David has been teaching in the Department of Commerce since 1984. He became the Head of the Department in 2004. A strict disciplinarian and learned academician, during whose time of headship the department was elevated as a Post Graduate and Research Department by the University of Madras. He is also the Coordinator of the World Class Business Education Program though which he initiated various faculty development programs that helped to improve the quality of teaching of the department. He had been the visiting scholar to Shenandoah University, Winchester, Virginia USA where he was awarded for his academic excellence. He is a trained resource person in Human Resource Management and delivered special lectures and key note address in various universities all over India.
Journals - International
- “Information technology Related Services (ITRS)-Are we on the right Track?”-Indian Commerce Bulletien-ISSN-0972-6187, Volume IX NO>1 August 2005.
- “Foreign Direct Investment in India –Challenges Ahead”-ACCST Research Journal ISSN-0972-7779-Volume IV (1) January 2006.
- “Managing Bio-technology”- Indian Commerce Bulletin-ISSN-0972-6187, Volume X-No.1, January 2006.
- “THE AFTERMATH OF RECESSION- THE ROAD TO RECOVERY” in the proceedings of the Third Annual Global Business Summit Conference ISSN:1947-833X, March 2011.
- "THE AFTERMATH OF RECESSION: THE ROAD TO RECOVERY” in Journal of Finance, Accounting and Management Volume 2 Number 1 – Jan 2011 (JFAM) Online Ed ISSN: 2153-2826; Print Ed ISSN: 2153-2818. http://gsmi-jfam.com
- “FINANCIAL INNOVATIONS IN INDIA: BALANCING THE GOALS OF GROWTH AND STABILITY” in Indian Industry: Fostering Economic Development ISBN- 978-81-920303-1-9, 2011.
- UGC Sponsored Research Project. “An Economic Evaluation of Environment Degradation” (with reference to select water resources in Kancheepuram District).
- Paper presented on “THE AFTERMATH OF RECESSION- THE ROAD TO RECOVERY” at the Third Annual Global Business Summit Conference organized by GSMI, Michigan, USA held at Chennai on March 24-26, 2011 has been awarded as the ‘BEST FINANCE PAPER OF THE CONFERENCE’.
- Visiting Scholar, Harry Bird School of Business-Winchester, Virginia, USA-taught “INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS” for MBA students.
- Membership in International Honor Society in Business-Membership in ‘Sigma Beta Delta’ Shenandoah Chapter, Winchester, Virginia, USA, 5th April 2001, in recognition of high scholastic achievement.
- GUEST OF HONOR & CHAIRED A TECHNICAL SESSION in the Third International Annual Global Business Summit Conference (GBSC2011) held at Comfort Inn Marina Towers, Chennai on March 24-26, 2011.
- Delivered lecture on “THE AFTERMATH OF RECESSION- THE ROAD TO RECOVERY ”at the UGC sponsored National Seminar on Global Financial Crisis and its impact on Indian Economy held at Holy Cross College, Nagercoil , January, 2011.
- Delivered lecture on” Entrepreneurship, Youth and Inclusive management- for Brand India at the International conference ” held at Loyola College, Chennai , February, 2011.
- Resource Person for the UGC sponsored National Level Seminar to be held on 19th and 20th March 2010 at Sir Syed College, Taliparamba, Cannanore, Kerala State.
- Attended the MDP 0n MANAGERIAL LEADERSHIP AND CONFLICT RESOLUTION IIM-Calcutta from 17th and 22nd January 2011.
- Attended the basic leadership skills organized by XLRI, Jamshedpur Feb. 2010.
- Participated in the workshop on “Data Analysis using SPSS” organized by World Class Business Education Programme, Madras Christian College, 20-22 October, 2010.
- Behavioral Train the trainer program-Oscar Murphy International, Singapore March 24th to 27th, 2008, Bangalore.
- Workshop on “Commerce education in 21st Century.”-Tamilnadu State Council for Higher Education, 16th and 17th Dec, 2005.
- Presented a paper on “THE AFTERMATH OF RECESSION: THE ROAD TO RECOVERY” at the Third Annual Global Business Summit Conference organized by GSMI, Michigan, USA held at Chennai on March 24th -26th , 2011.
- Presented a paper on “FINANCIAL INNOVATIONS IN INDIA: BALANCING THE GOALS OF GROWTH AND STABILITY” at the National Symposium on Indian Industry: Fostering Economic Development, organized by the Department of Business Administration and Management Wing, DDE, Annamalai University on 24th and 25th March 2011.
- “Global Economic Recession: Survival Strategies and Policy Options”-19th & 20th Mar.2010-Sir Syed Ahmed College, Taliparamba, Kannur, Kerala.
- “Globalization and Environmental Degradation”, University of Madras, March 2009.
- “Role of RBI in Resolving Credit Crunch-29th Sept.2008.-Apollo Arts and Science College, Chennai.
- “Foreign Institutional investors”-19th Sep 2006-SIVET College, Gowriwakkam, Chennai.
- “Emerging Contours in Higher Education”-6th &7th Oct.2006-National Level Seminar,St.Joseph College of Commerce, Bangalore,
- Knowledge Process Outsourcing -8th and 9th Nov.2006-Dept.of Commerce, Pazhassi Raja NSS College, Mattanur, Kerela.
- Emerging Trends in Insurance-23rd Mar.2007-SIVET College, Gowriwakkam, Chennai.
- “Foreign direct investment in retailing in India”-12th 13th & 14th Jan 2006-International Seminar, Dept.of Commerce, Vimala College, Trissur, Kerela.