M.Com., M.Ed., M.Phil., Ph.D
Dr. Florence John began her teaching career in the year 1988 in S.D.N.B. Vaishnav College for Women, Chrompet and she joined Madras Christian College in 1999. She has been teaching Accounting, Taxation and Human Resource Development at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Dr. Florence John is a trained facilitator in Human Resource Development teaches a course on Personality Development and Soft Skills. She has organized various conferences and participated in various conferences and workshops and also has presented papers.
Dr. Florence John’s area of specialization is Banking and Finance. Her doctoral research was on “Customer Perception Towards E-Banking Services”
In Academic Journals
- "A study on the labour Productivity of Commercial Banks Operating in India." JM International Journal of Management Research. July 2011. 494-499. Print.
- "Basel III; A Framework and It’s Impact on Indian Banks." Journal of Empirical Research in Management, July 2011. 148-151. Print.
- "Value Relevance of Accounting Information – An Indian Perspective." Journal of Finance, Accounting and Management (JFAM), Jan 2011. Print.
- “An analytical Study on Basel II Norms in Banking Sector –with special references to First Pillar”, Global Financial System in the post-crisis Era, 2010. 690-695. Print.
- “Internet Banking in India –An insight into its growth, fraud patterns and security precautions”, Impact of Economic Crisis in Global Business Scenario, 2010. 488-493. Print.
In Conference Proceedings
- “ERM: A Key to Improved CRM.” Economic Development and Business Strategies. 449-459.
- “Financial Inclusion in India.” Trends and Progress in the Financial Sector. 30-33.
- “IFRS Convergence for Indian Banks.” Recent Developments in Banking and Financial Sectors – Its Impact on Other Sectors. 104-108.
- “A Study on the Employability Skills.” Enhancing Managerial Skills. 277– 279.
- “ATM and Its Impact on Productivity in Commercial Banks.” Human Resource Management in Public Sector Banks. 244-249.
- “An Analytical Study of Chennaite's Preferences towards Broadband Services.” Global Management: Issues, Challenges and Opportunities. 123-128.
- “Forensic Accounting: A Skill to Uncover the Extent of The Fraud and Other Accounting Irregularities.” Transformation, Adaptation and Sustainability towards a Bright Future. 196-198.
Faculty Development Programme
- Participated in the workshop on “Data Analysis using SPSS” organized by World Class Business Education Programme, Madras Christian College during 20, 21 &22nd October, 2010.
- Refresher Course in Business Studies (Commerce), held from 02.07.10 to 22.07.10 conducted by Academic Staff College, University of Madras, Chennai.
- Undergone training in “Management Development Programme on Advanced Excel” conducted by MSME Development Institute, Chennai from 21.08.10 to 03.10.10.
- Participated in the workshop on “Data Analysis using SPSS” organized by World Class Business Education Programme, Madras Christian College during 20-22 October, 2010.
- Participated and Presented a discussion paper in the “Curriculum Development Workshop on Peace Education” organized by Institute for Advanced Christian Studies, Madras Christian College on 3 & 4 December, 2010.
- Participated in the “Faculty Development Programme” In Instructional Design Conducted by ICICI from 15-16 Dec. 2008.
- Attended a workshop on Application of SPSS for Data analysis from 12-14 Sep. 2007 organized by Everonn systems India Ltd.
- Participated in the “Faculty Development Programme” in the area of Banking and Financial Services Conducted by ICICI from 4-10 June 2007.
- Designed the PG programme [M.Com. (Computer Oriented Business Applications) ] for the self-financed stream of the college during 2006 – 07. First of its kind in the University of Madras.
- Conducted HRD Programme for the teachers of Christ King Girls’ School & St.Joseph’s School, Tambaram in 2009.
- Conducted HRD Programme for the employees of Universal Moulds Pvt. Ltd. Chennai in Feb. 2006.
- Conducted Personality Development Programme for Higher Sec. students of MCC School in Jan. 2006.
- Conducted Personality Development Programme for Higher Sec. students of Christ King School in Jan. 2005.
- Associate Coordinator for Gender Studies from June 2009 to till date.
- Member of Senates during 2007-2008.
- Member of Senates Finance Committee during 2005 - 2007.
- Member of Library Committee during 2003 – 2004.
- Member of Anti-Ragging Committee during 2002 -2003 & 2004 – 2005.
- Staff Advisor for the Commerce Forum during 2001 – 2003.
- In charge of organizing activities for SCM (SFS) during 1999-2001.