M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D
Dr. G. Abraham immanuel Ebenezer Joined the Madras Christian College and the Department of Botany as a student to receive collegiate education in the year 1980 and duly completed B.Sc. and M.Sc. Degrees during 1985. Subsequently he completed M.Phil. Degree in Plant Growth and Development, "Developmental and physiological studies on the spikelet of rice (Oryza sativa L. cv. IR-50)". Dr. Ebenezer joined as a faculty member of the department in 1990. He did doctoral research on "Histochemical and developmental studies on germinating rice grains" and was awarded Ph.D in the year 1999 from the University of Madras. His Area of specialization is Plant Tissue Culture and Biotechnology. He has been teaching Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Plant Tissue Culture as well as Biotechnology for both Graduate and Post-Graduate students.
- Received grants from Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology (TNSCS&T) to guide student projects at PG level and UGC grants to conduct a Certificate Course on "Medicinal Plant Tissue Culture".
- Maintaining the best Tissue Culture Laboratory in the Department of Botany.
- Gained expertise in Microscopy, Histochemistry, Photography and Instrumentation.
- Currently interested in Medicinal Plants Cell Culture and Isolation of Active Principle for mass production.
- Guided 38 M. Sc. and as many as 13 M. Phil. Research Projects. Presently guiding 3 Ph.D and 3 M.Phil research scholars.
- Published 9 research papers in reputed journals and presented 26 research papers in various National and International conferences and Symposia.
- Presented a paper at the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) on invitation in the year 2000.
- Curator, Madras Christian College, since June 2007.
- Staff Advisor to the College Union Society from
- Served as a member of various administrative committees in the college.