DR. TAMILARASI MAILACHALAM
Department of Commerce
Madras Christian College
- Ph.D. (2013) in Commerce, Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
Dissertation Title: “Perception of NRI’s(USA) of E-Banking Services in India”
- Masters of Philosophy (1991–1993) in Commerce, Loyola College, Chennai
Dissertation title: “Performance appraisal of NIDHIS in Madras city”
- Masters in Commerce (1985-1987), Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Bachelors in Commerce (1982-1985), Madras Christian College, Chennai
| COURSES THOUGHT AT MCC
For B.Com and M.Com in the following areas
- Business Maths & Statistics
- Training & Development
- Business Communication.
| PARTICIPATION IN ACADEMICS
- Paper setting, assessment of home assignments, counselling given to students, coaching for weaker students, academics and personal, remedial teaching,
- Served as the Convenor of Inspection Committee of colleges appointed by University.
- Served as finance committee member from 2013 – 2015
- Staff advisor from 1988 – 2000 in commerce forum and organised 70 guest lectures in marketing, advertising, management, banking, accounts, statistics and economics.
- Field Trips: Industrial Visit to Goa, Ooty, Kodaikanal, Pondicherry, Munnar, Bangalore, Mysore, and Coorg accompanied Students.
IMPROVEMENT OF PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCE (ORIENTATION AND REFRESHER COURSES ATTENDED)
1. Academic Staff College Pondicherry 16.6.99 to 6.7.99
2. Academic Staff College Pondicherry 18.11.99 to 8.12.99
3. Academic Staff College University Of Madras 9.3.2005 to 29.3.2005
4. Academic Staff College University Of Madras ORIENTATION COURSE – 27th Aug 2008 to 23rd sept 2008
| PAPER PRESENTED IN NATIONAL CONFERENCE/NATIONAL SEMINAR
- Common Syllabus for B.Com Vocationalisation Bharathidasan University, Trichy , Jan 29-30 2004
- Career Women of today, 20th Feb 2004 , MOP Vaishnav College, Chennai
- Problems & prospects of Services Marketing with special reference to INDIAN TOURISM INDUSTRY March 6th2004 , St Stephens College ,Ernakulum , Kerala
- Stress Management – Sept 7 , 8 2005 at ERODE Arts College
- Marketing of Festival Tourism – Role of TTDC Sept 10 , 11 2005 , St Joseph College, Cuddalore
- Workshops on Leadership skills at MCC , TAMBARAM Feb 2012
- 7. Perception of NRI (USA) towards E-Banking services in India , Feb 2013 , Loyola College Chennai-Journal of Management and Science (ISSN- 2249 1260 (PRINTED) )
- Role of Lean management in improving efficiency in Banking sector – A study, presented paper in national conference on Lean management and Organisation Effectiveness organised by Post graduate department of human resource management of SDNB Vaishnav College for women chrompet. November 29, 2016. Published in International journal of Business intelligence and Innovations, Special volume Issue-4 ISSN No: 23484705 Glow plus publisher.
- Pricing strategies of retailers in Chennai city published in southern economist ISBN 0038-4046 November 2016.
- Role of Self-service technology in banking sector – A study, presented paper in national seminar on innovative seminar on Innovative Banking Services – A Transformation tool for Business, Finance and customer service organised by department of business administration at St. Xavier college, Palayamkootai December 6,2016 published by B-Digest publication ISBN No: 978-93-84734-39-8
- Human resource information system using cloud technology – A case study of Tata AIG General Insurance limited, presented paper in national conference on Strategic Human Resource Practices organised by department of commerce(Shift 11) of Loyola college, Chennai published in International Journal of Management and Social Science research Review, Issue No.3 Volume – I Impact factor:3.996 ISSN No: 2349-6738
- Problems and prospects of E-banking – A study, presented paper in national paper in national conference on a New beginning of Indian Financial System organised by department of commerce of Sridevi college of arts and science February 1 2017 published in e-publication ISBN No:978 -81-907879-8-4
|PAPER PRESENTED AND PUBLISHED IN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE
- INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SERVICE LEARNING at Madras Christian College , Aug 2012
- Training Effectiveness among Chennai Franchisees Business Operations -A Study at International Conference on Retail Franchising at Chennai-University of Madras with FICCI & TNSC on March 6th& 7th 2014 ( ISBN 978-81-8094-224-2)
- Retailing Trends in the New Millennium-At International Conference at Chennai University of Madras 2015 (ISBN 978-81-8094-165-8)
- Emerging role of technology in retail bank marketing in Chennai city, A study, paper presented in international conference published in retailing trends in New Millennium, MJP publishers February 2015 ISBN 978-81-8094-165-8
- Debit Card/ Credit card as an innovation tool of retail sales promotion in Chennai city – A study published in Innovation in the business by MJP Publishers ISBN 978-8094-321-8 March 2016.
- Technology advancement and purchase behaviour of consumers using digital payment – A study, presented paper in international conference on Innovative and sustainable business practices organised by department of management studies of university of madras February 10, 2017 published in International Journal of Business Intelligence Innovations Issue: 4 Special Volume ISSN No: 2348 4705 Glow Plus publisher.
- Role of digitalisation in hospitality services - A study, presented paper in international conference on Building a digital nation problems and prospects organised by department of accounting and finance and bank management of Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda college, Chennai published in e publication ISBN No 978-81-8209-495-6
- Work life balance of working women in IT sector – A study, presented paper in international conference on Emerging Trends in Business Models and Techniques organised by department of commerce of St. John’s College Palyamkottai published in International journal of commerce and management. Special Issue 4- Volume 8 ISSN No: 0975-2617 B-Digest Publication
- Research Methodology at Madurai Kamaraj University,
- 11th Feb 2012 - Role of Statistics in Research
- 12th March 2012 MADURAI KAMARAJ UNIVERSITY
- Research Supervisor for M.Phil. and Ph.D. Students at Madras Christian College.
- Mentoring under graduate and post graduate students in data collection and analysis in the preparation and presentation of research findings in business economics, managerial economics and training and development.
- Group discussion, case study method, Powerpoint presentation and Net Resource material
- Field Trips, Corporate Visits, Interacting with CEO’s Of Top Corporate, Conducting Work Shops with the Top Luminaries of the Business World
- Nurturing a full generation of motivated and guiding students to the path of success
|EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES:
- Was an NCC officer for Women’s Wing, Infantry from 1988-98 attended training at Women’sofficer’s training school, Gwalior .90-91 and 93-94.
- Represented Republic Day Parade as officer commanding for girls wing in Chennai 1992,
- Co- ordinated trekking Camp from Mettupalayam to Ooty 1993, CATC Camp at Thriveni Academy,Chengalpattu 1994
- Attended CATC Camp at DG Vaishnav College Arumbakkam 1995.
- Organised CATC Camp at MCC for Girls in TamilNadu 1996
- Organized silver jubilee celebration of MCC batch 1982 – 1985 in 2010
- Member of the silver jubilee celebration of MCC Batch 1985 - 1987