Dr. Hannah Frederick
Designation Associate Professor,
Department of Commerce
Educational qualification M.Com, M.Phil, Ph.D
Courses taught at MCC B.Com, M.Com, M.Phil, Ph.D
| Administrative Experience if any in MCC
- Member of College Finance Committee during 2015 - 2017.
- Member of IQAC for Commerce department : 2012 -2017
- Member of Board of Examinations for Commerce department: 2013 - 2017
- Staff Advisor for the Commerce Forum during 2001 – 2003.
| Orientation and Refresher Course
- UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Commerce, Department of Commerce, University of Madras, December 2008.
- UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Commerce, Department of Commerce, University of Madras, December 2007.
- UGC Sponsored Refresher Course in Commerce, Department of Commerce, University of Madras, December 2002.
- UGC Sponsored Orientation Programme, Academic Staff College, University of Madras, November 2000
Paper presented at National and International Seminars and Conferences
- ‘A Study on Awareness and Perception about Health Insurance among Youth’ at 2nd International Conference on Innovative Business Practices and Consumer Protection in Digital World:ICIBCD-2017 organized by MEASI Institute of Management in Association with Department of Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection, Government of Tamil Nadu, Chennai, August 2017.
- ‘The Impact of Emotional Intelligence and Entrepreneurial Skills on Future Entrepreneurs’ at XIME–IEF International Conference on Entrepreneurship & Innovation in the Knowledge Economy, organized XIME, University of Essex, IEF and ABBS,XIME, Bangalore, March 2017.
- ‘E-Finance’ in “Digital India – Milestones and Challenges’ at National Conference on Digital India – Milestones and Challenges organized by Kasi Nadar College of Arts and Science, Chennai, October 2016.
- ‘A study on Stress- with special reference to IT Employees’, at Two day Interdisciplinary International Conference on Nurturing the Whole Being for the 21st Century- Exploring the Indian Psychology organized by Gandhi Shikshan Bhavan’s Smt.Surajba College of Education and Maharashtra Bharatiya Shikshan Mandal, Mumbai, February 2015.
- ‘Consumers loyalty towards Aavin Milk – A Study (with special reference to recent price rise)’, at International Conference on Trends in Retailing and Branding organized by Department of Commerce, University of Madras and Federation of Indian Commerce and Industry, Chennai, February 2015. `
- ‘Tie up with Foreign Universities – Benefits verses Obstacles (Commerce and Management Perspective)’at the National Conference on “Commerce Education in 2020- Evolving Relevant Teaching, Learning and Evaluation Pedagogies organized by Department of Commerce Loyola College(Autonomous), Chennai, March 2012.
- ‘Attainment of a smooth Work Life Balance’ at 64th All India Commerce Conference organized by Indian Commerce Association, Pondicherry University, Pondicherry, December, 2011.
- ‘Expected changes in B-schools due to Foreign Education Bill-2010’ at International Conference on Innovation, Creativity and Change, Delhi Business School, New Delhi, May 2011.
- ‘Implication of Foreign Education Bill on Indian Higher Education with reference to Foreign B-Schools’ at National Seminar on India 2020, Women’s Christian College, Chennai, September 2010.
- ‘FDI in Higher Education Through Foreign Education Providers with reference to Foreign B-Schools in India’ at Loyola College(Autonomous), Department of Commerce (Shift II),Chennai, February 2010.
- “Globalization of higher education in India due GATS”, NAAC sponsored Conference in Quality Management in Higher Education at NES Ratnam College of Arts & Science and Commerce, Mumbai, January 2009.
- ‘Change in the Life style of the Consumers due to the availability of Micro finance for their Purchases’, at All India Commerce Congress-2004, organized by St. Stephen’s College & Commerce Association, Kerala, March 2004.
- ‘Common Syllabus for B.Com & Vocationalisation of Commerce Education’ at Seminar on Commerce education in the New Millennium organized by Barathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli, January 2004.
Publications and books authored
- ‘A Study on Awareness and Perception about Health Insurance among Youth’ Shanlax International Journal of Management, ISSN:2321-4643, Impact Factor: 2.082, UGC approved Journal Number : 44278, Indexed at Google scholar, Citi factor, Index Copernicus, International IC Value 123.21 points, Academic Resource Index, Research Bib, INFOBASE INDEX, a, Scribd, Vol 5, Special Issue 3, page 194-198, August 2017.
- ‘Factors influencing the youth in Brand Switching of Smart phones’, EPRA International Journal of Economic and Business Review, ISSN: 2347-9671(E) / 2349-0187(P), SJIF:6.484, Impact Factor: 6.484. Indexed in Google scholar, Citi factor, Index Copernicus, Academia, Scribd. Vol 5, Issue 2, February 2017.
- ‘Time Management by Employees- A study with special reference to Private sector employees in Chennai’, International Journal of Management and Social Science Research Review, ISSN:2349-6738, Vol 1, Issue 3,Impact Factor:3.996, Jan 2017.
- • ‘A study on Organizational Factors that lead to Voluntary Employee Turnover in Private Companies and the Satisfaction they Derive from it’, International Journal of Management and Social Science Research review, ISSN:2349-6738, Vol 1, Issue 3,Impact Factor:3.996, Jan 2017.
- ‘Purchase Behaviour of Consumers towards Green products’, Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research, Finlogy Publication, ISSN 2454-1362, Vol 2, Issue 9, Page no:1735-1740, Impact factor: 3.7. Indexed in Google scholar., Citi factor, Index Copernicus, Research Bible, Academia. September 2016.
- ‘Impact of Foreign Education Providers in India’, International Journal of Research in Commerce, IT and Management-Double-Blind Peer Reviewed Refereed Open Access International Journal , Online Ed ISSN 2231-5756, Volume No 2(2012) Issue No. 7, p.111-11. July 2012.
- ‘Family Vs. Job: A study on Priority for a Smooth Work -Life Balance’, SJCC Management Research Review , ISSN No: 2249-4359, Volume 2 Issue No: 2, p. 15-29. June 2012.
- ‘Significance of Tie up with Foreign Universities’, JM International Journal of Management Research Online Ed ISSN:2229-4562, Volume-2 Issue-4 p. 245-255. June 2012
| Journals- National:
- ‘Role of Skill management in IT companies’-in Madras University Journal of Business and Finance, A Peer- reviewed & Referred Journal, Global Impact factor:0.243, ISSN:2320-5857,Vol. 2, No. 2, July 2014.
- ‘A Study on the “Effect of Interpersonal relationship on Team members in Team building at the organization’-in Madras University Journal of Business and Finance, A Peer- reviewed & Referred Journal, Global Impact factor:0.243, ISSN:2320-5857,Vol. 2, No. 2, July 2014.
- ‘Online shopping-A New shopping Trend (an Opinion study)’ Indian Journal of Applied Research - A Peer Reviewed and Referred Journal, Impact Factor: 0.8215, ISSN :2249 – 555X, Vol 3, Issue 11, Page 60-6; Impact Factor: 4.894 SJIF: 2016, Indexed in Copernicus IC Value:79.96, Google Scholar, Cross Ref, Ulrich, Research Gate. November 2013.
- ‘Hesitation from Foreign Education Providers to have tie-up with Indian educational institutions- An opinion study’ – Global Journal for Research Analysis- A Peer Reviewed Journal, Vol 2, Issue 1, Page 36-37, ISSN:2277-8167, Impact Factor: 4.5747, SJIF: 2016, Indexed in Copernicus IC Value:80,26, Google Scholar, Scirus, City factor, Ulrich, Research Gate, Indian Science. January 2013.
|Chapters in Books:
- ‘E-Finance” published in “Digital India – Milestones and Challenges’, ISBN 978-9-385-68237-7, Oct 2016
- ‘A Study on the Customer Value Perception towards Star Hotels’, Confluence, ISBN 978-81-929581-3-2, Glow plus publishers, Aug 2016
- ‘Consumers Loyalty towards Aavin Milk – A Study (with special reference to recent price rise)’, published in Brand-Sculpting Corporate Identity, ISBN 978-81-8094-166-5, MJP Publishers, February 2015.
- ‘Implications of Foreign Education with special reference to the performance of foreign B-schools in India by the year 2020’ in India 2020, ISBN: 978-93-80697-13-0- 2010, Excel India Publishers, New Delhi, September 2010.
- ‘FDI in Higher Education Through Foreign Education Providers with reference to foreign B-schools in India’ in Impact of Foreign Direct Investment on Indian Economy, ISBN : 978-81-7446-843-7, Excel Books, New Delhi, February 2010.
Recognition as research supervisor for M.Phil, Ph.D
- Ph.D students guiding at present: 5
- M.Phil guided: 7, Guiding 2 students at present
- Convener of the Inspection Commission appointed by the University of Madras for considering grant of Continuation of Provisional Affiliation for the course(s) viz.B.Com.(Information System Management) and B.B.A in Shift II, Alpha Arts & Science College, Chennai August 2017.
- Member of the Subject Expert Committee, Academic Audit, Department of Bank Management, Ethiraj College for Women(Autonomous), Chennai. July 2017.
- Member of the Inspection Commission appointed by the University of Madras for Grant of provisional affiliation for new course M.Com(General) in Shift II, Justice Basheer Ahmed Sayeed College for Women (Autonomous), Chennai. June 2017.
- Best paper award for “The Impact of Emotional Intelligence and Entrepreneurial skills on future entrepreneurs” at XIME–IEF International Conference on Entrepreneurship & Innovation in the Knowledge Economy, Bangalore, March 2017.
- Chaired a session on ‘Education and Empowerment in the Knowledge Economy’ at XIME–IEF International Conference on Entrepreneurship & Innovation in the Knowledge Economy, Bangalore, March 2017.
- Delivered a lecture on ‘Research Methodology’ to Management students in Women’s Christian College, Chennai.
- Application and Usage of SPSS-Hands on Training’, at Faculty Centric workshop, organized by Research and development Cell, Madras Christian College, Chennai, March 2015.
- ‘UGC sponsored All India workshop on Research Methodology & Technology Management in Higher Education’, at All India Workshop on Research Methodology & Technology Management in Higher Education, organized by Pondicherry University , March 2013.
- ‘Leadership and Emotional Intelligence’ UGC sponsored Faculty development Workshop on organized by Post Graduate and Research Department of Commerce, Madras Christian College, Chennai, February 2012.
- National Level Faculty Development Programme on Research Report Writing – Sri Sai Ram Institute of Management Studies, Chennai, March 2011
- Indian Initiated Missions and Churches- Madras Christian College & Liverpool-Hope University, UK, Madras Christian College, Chennai, February 2011
- Data analysis using SPSS – Madras Christian College, Chennai, October 2010